Tuesday, January 20, 2009

ThE DiE


Reality is unforgiving. There is no way to avoid her. I thought it was possible but I was mistaken. I’m face to face with her and there is no denying what I see. I can’t take it any longer. I want her to go away but she continues to stare at my face. She laughs at me, and continues to separate what is genuine from what is fictitious. I have tried so hard not to face the Reality in my life, but her eyes are cold and piercing, beckoning me to look into them and feel them, understand what cannot be explained or written………


Reality’s a bitch and I heard that she bites
She chews on your emotions and spits it out

Her words hit you like a sucker punch
She steps all over your heart without a sound or a crunch

She is a painful experience that we all has to deal with
She’s worse than that nigga who pleads the fifth

She says all the wrong things to make you lose your smile
But she comes back with shit that makes her treatment worthwhile

I’d rather walk away than deal with the sorrow
Chuck the deuce and see the bitch tomorrow

She makes me so mad
The shit is so sad

She makes me want to cry
But at times I just want to die

1 comment: